Position Title: Picturebook Guesthouse Manager
No. of position available: 1
Length of contract: Minimum 2 years contract with 3 months probationary period
Location: The Picturebook Guesthouse, Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand
Start of assignment: May 2018
Responsibilities and job duties for the Picturebook Guesthouse Manager include the following:
- Management of guesthouse and training components
- Oversee 10 guest rooms and manage 6 PBG staff in daily operation of the guesthouse.
- Supervise booking reservations and be primary person responsible for responding to emails in the PBG email account.
- Ensure and supervise cleanliness, maintenance, and good presentation of all areas of guesthouse (main entrance, reception area, kitchen area, laundry room, garden and PBG parking grounds, meeting room, 10 guest rooms).
- Serve as primary role model to assistant managers and all other PBG staff in terms of customer service, PBG policy, and PBG operational procedures.
- Work with all staff to provide best possible guest experience and quality customer service.
- Lead training of new staff including orientation to PBG, guidance in terms of job expectations, and clear description of job duties.
- Assist YCF Director and trainers with PBG Hospitality Training Program as needed.
- Schedule pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship placements of YCF Transitions students with YCF Employment Team as needed and provide useful feedback of students to the Employment Team during pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship placements.
- Administration (payments and reporting)
- Assist YCF Director in foundation reporting for the guesthouse and donors for the YCF programs and help guide program into the future while ensuring that donor commitments are being met.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including managing all ground-level accounts, deposits, and purchasing.
- Contribute to weekly staff meetings on successes and failures that occur with guests and coach PBG staff on professional development as it pertains to routine customer feedback received.
- Customer service (dealing directly with customer satisfaction)
- Act as a first line of complaint or problem-solving for guesthouse and guesthouse staff.
- Provide information about tourist activities in Mae Sot and region and provide directions to PBG guests as needed.
- Recommend restaurants and tours and assist with reservations when needed for guests who cannot speak Thai.
- Thai national (Mae Sot resident with significant experience with local and Tak province hospitality industry best practices preferred).
- Significant experience managing a team preferably in a small guesthouse or hotel work environment.
- Strong sense of customer service delivery and techniques.
- Excellent written and spoken Thai skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
- Excellent communication, multitasking, and team-work skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience training staff in the hospitality positions of assistant manager, cook, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Significant computer skills and ability to manage and keep important program information updated.
- Intercultural communication skills and ability to work with and lead a multicultural team.
- Is genuinely interested in humanitarian work with migrant youth.
Salary will depend on work experience, hospitality industry knowledge, skills, and abilities of candidate.
Interested applicants should read through the job description above to make sure they qualify for the position. Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and most recent CV to the Youth Connect Foundation Director Laddawan Tamafu at: email@example.com